‘Edible Blooms NZ’ is a brand controlled by Sarah Bruce trading as ‘Bruzies Ltd’
The ‘Promoter’ is Edible Blooms NZ.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- All Edible Blooms NZ employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their immediate families;
- all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates alcohol or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years.
- ‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or another family extension.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (the “Rules”) apply to all promotions or competitions under the Edible Blooms NZ brand (collectively the “Promotion”) conducted using any medium, including but not limited to radio, television, print, internet, social networks, telephone or computer. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms those specific terms or rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who the Promoter decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant the Promoter exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- When submitting an entry via text, the telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used at the discretion of the Promoter and/or any other company associated with the Promotion.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification active through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Where the Promotion involves texting, the following applies:
- Any form of an automated text message is invalid;
- the Promoter takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the specific rules or terms.
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the “Winner”).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the specific rules or terms. If no such rules or terms are specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the “Judge”).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by social media, email, phone (voice or text) and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by the Promoter. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be reached by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned), the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeited. (Note: three attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. However, should the total worth of any prize equal less than NZDNZ $250.00 and be a live-to-air draw, only one failed attempt to contact will be acceptable before the Judge selects another winner.)
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. If the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value. Prizes do not include air travel or additional expenses unless specified, and where the prize incorporates air travel unless otherwise specified the air travel is economy class.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
- The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies the Promoter in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
The Promoter’s Responsibility
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, acts of God or otherwise.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the Promotion prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Rules.
- These Rules shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
General Terms and Conditions for Social Media Competitions
From time to time we run competitions and promotions on our social media profiles. It’s our way of giving something back to our fans and customers. Below are general terms and conditions for these competitions:
- By entering any competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal photos by the Promoter for promotion and in commercial use.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or YouTube.
- You must not inaccurately tag content - you may not tag or enter content that you do not expressly own.
- Edible Blooms NZ accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach us by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via third parties are invalid.
- Competitions are open to residents of New Zealand, `aged 18 years or over. Employees of Edible Blooms NZ, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to Edible Blooms NZ, in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- The prize for the winner is as detailed and outlined in any promotion.
- The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is non-transferrable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of Edible Blooms NZ sending a notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse, and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected per these rules.
- By entering any competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.